Tragedy struck twice for the bereaved Makore family after losing a substantial amount of money while trying to locate the missing remains of their seven year old son who was murdered last year.
While the Makore family is in distress and still hunting for some missing remains of their 7 year old boy who was murdered in Murehwa last year, a 38 year old man from Harare took advantage of their predicament and duped them of 4 500 Zimbabwe dollars and 125 United States dollars in a botched car hiring deal.
The alleged conman, Prince Gerald Mukumba appeared in court this Thursday and admitted to having duped Munyaradzi Makore who had approached him with the intention of hiring his car to Malawi, where Tapiwa Makore’s head was reported to have been taken.
The accused however told the court that the COVID-19 national lockdown hindered him from delivering the car to Makore.
Mukumba was freed on bail pending trial.
Still at the courts, MDC Alliance activists; Joana Mamombe, Cecilia Chimbiri and Netsai Marova were denied bail at the Harare magistrates court this Thursday.
Harare magistrate, Vongai Muchuchuti said the three, who were arrested for allegedly breaching lockdown regulations after addressing journalists outside Harare Magistrates Court last week, are likely to commit other offences if granted bail.
The trio was remanded to the 25th of this month.